Internationally, hospitals are switching over to Insurance-based cashless treatment; hence it is legally binding on doctors to provide the medical records of their patients for health insurance and healthcare documentation purposes. Since the doctors do not have time to do the documentation themselves, they use digital voice recorders to dictate their patients’ reports, including the history, physical examination, medical problems, any lab and diagnostic tests that were requested and their results, diagnoses, treatment plan, and instructions given to the patient. The doctors’ dictations are converted into digital voice files and sent to MLS (medical language specialists), who listen to the files and convert them into text format. These reports then undergo rigorous editing and proofreading before they are sent back to the doctors. This process of converting dictated medical reports into readable medical records is called healthcare documentation.
Azimuth is one of the pioneers in India to launch a comprehensive online Medical Transcription e-learning Program. It is 180-day online training that follows the AHDI (Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity) standards.
It is a self-paced program with round-the-clock support from our well-experienced trainers who provide complete hand-holding, motivation and guidance until course completion and placement. This is done through Skype, chat sessions, e-mails, WhatsApp, and phone calls.
Course includes around 300 practice files equating a 3-month work experience. This wide exposure, coupled with our expert guidance, provides the learner with adequate training that stands him/her in good stead while handling live work.
The eligibility criteria for a career in healthcare documentation is:
- Any graduate
- Good English (spoken and written)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Access to either a desktop or laptop with good internet connection at home
- Passion towards the field of Medicine
- Ear for accents
- Basic typing skills
Our online MT course is a two-part program:
Basic and Advanced training
- Basic: Modules consisting of Technology, American English, American lifestyle, Theory of Medical Transcription, Language of Medicine with BMT (basic MT) files for Practice.
- Advanced: Deals with the Legal aspects of medical transcription and extensive work-type based transcription practice with AMT (Advanced MT) files dictated by doctors belonging to various medical specialties and ethnic backgrounds.
For a look at the detailed course syllabus
Note: While our program tends to focus on the American style of transcription, it acts as a launch pad for handling UK and Australian accounts as well.