It is Azimuth’s endeavour to convert the pursuers of this course into global citizens capable of understanding all pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic differences and facing challenges associated with diverse medication categories world-wide. As such, our Advanced Pharma Practice course will serve as a launching pad for those wishing to take international pharmacist licensure examinations.
The Pharmacist Learning Management System (PLMS)
PLMS – Overview:
The Pharmacist Learning Management System (PLMS) is dedicated to excellence in the provision, creation and support of leading edge technology resources to advance the teaching and service missions of the various pharmacy institutions in India.
PLMS – Highlights
For Institutions – Lecturers / Tutors
- PLMS does not duplicate his / her lecturing abilities, rather complements and provides for an enriching teaching experience
- Enables faculty to stream lectures in smart classrooms with audio and visuals and therefore saves a lot of time compared to conventional teaching methods.
- Provides for in-depth lectures on various topics with special emphasis on therapeutics concepts
- Has a direct, positive impact on student comprehension and understanding
- Educates students on the basics and core concepts of therapeutics, thereby facilitating their interaction with physicians pertaining to the ‘Pharmacist Workup of Drug Therapy’ (PWDT) and ‘Drug Utilization Review’ (DUR)
- Enables students to prepare for the “Qualifying” International Pharmacist Licensure Examinations. (NAPLEX, PEBC-2, CAOP, SRE, DOH, MOH, HAAD, etc)/li>
- Provides 24-hour access to customized content related to various topics. Contents can be visualized on PCs, tablets and smart phones
- Enables students to work on multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on a format adopted in International Pharmacist Licensure Examinations
- Offers the flexibility to join discussions with fellow classmates and lecturers
Azimuth PLMS represents tens of man-years of investment and development. It is composed of three main components
- The platform or LMS – Learning Management System
- The content (the courses)
- Administration and support
The first component developed by Azimuth is the platform or LMS. It is a sophisticated software component. It is the foundation of any online elearning solution.
The second component is the content. This is the visible part of the training presented to the user. The interactive content represents hundreds of hours of design involving teaching skills, animation, and writing and narrative skills. Chapter highlights, exercises and tests are part of the content.
The third component is the back-end administration and technical support provided to institutions (lecturers, tutors and students). Administration and support manage the user profile, course tracking, course administration and report generation. The online help desk for academy and technical help are keys to a smooth administration and assimilation of the courses.
- The Azimuth IT support team will install the Pharmacist Learning Management System ‘PLMS’ in your institutional server and will provide the necessary technical training to your IT team
- The Azimuth technical team is available 24 x 7 to resolve any technical queries. All IT support for the maintenance will be carried out remotely. If there are any technical challenges encountered during the maintenance or to fix any bugs, then the Azimuth technical team will report and fix the technical issues within 48 hours
- For the first 2 years after installation, Azimuth will provide free upgrade, content update and maintenance of the PLMS
- As a part of the initialization, a training session will be conducted for the staff members of the pharmacy practice department (at the institution) on the use of the PLMS to conduct smart room lectures / sessions
- An interactive session will be conducted for the Pharm.D. students (at the institution) relating to the therapeutic modules on the ‘PLMS’ and international pharmacist licensure.
Tutoring by industry experts
Our industry-experienced trainers can provide instant clarification to students’ doubts and provide constant motivation and guidance through Skype, chat sessions and phone calls. They also conduct regularly scheduled Webinars / Virtual Classroom (whiteboard) sessions with candidates around the globe.
Mr. Jacob Nicholas.
M. Pharm, (RPh – In – MDCH).
Director, Training & Programs.